Saturday 25 October 2014

Wanders

Ever since I was a little girl I was thrown into the outdoors with a backpack, some hiking boots and a beautiful landscape around me. There, me and my dad would walk miles, just enjoying the views, he would almost always take pictures, which must be where my passion for photography originated from, considering I am SUCH a daddy's girl. However, it was there where we would stand on top of hills, sometimes mountains and take a breath. Now that may sound really weird, but there's something amazing you get when you inhale that fresh air, it just floods your body with everything calming that nature can give you and you feel all your muscles relax. 



I guess that's why walking allows me to relax now. I use it as my way to escape, if I start stressing or panicking I go for a 'wander' with a friend. Walking through fields, breathing in the air, not actually having a destination, just literally wandering around. It calms me, fills me with everything that I need to get through whatever has made me stress. 

Everybody needs that one thing which allows them to escape reality for a bit. Whether it be delving into a new novel, writing your own story, walking miles, shopping, anything. Having that way to escape your problems, your stresses or just your surroundings for a bit, it is what will allow you the strength to smile when everything is crumbling around you. 

So please, if you are reading this, find a way to escape or if you have, leave a comment below telling us how you escape the stresses of everyday life. Don't forget to keep smiling quite simply just because you can.


Abbie-June x

3 comments:

  1. I really love your posts! Your do something you love really inspired me and this just was so relatable. When I need somewhere to escape I just write, I have so many full books. Please keep writing, I am loving all your posts Abbie-June!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment, it means so much to me to know that you like it. And I'm glad you have found your way to escape, I hope it helps. And what kind of notebooks? I'm so obsessed with them! I have so many ! Thank you for your feedback, keep commenting, keep reading and keep smiling - Abbie-June x

      Delete
  2. You're so passionate about what you write

    ReplyDelete