Wednesday 29 October 2014

Scarefest

In order to kick off this year's Halloween a couple of friends and I decided to brace ourselves and head down to Alton Towers for their annual Halloween festivities. Spending the day walking with a dead red riding hood, a unique Queen of hearts and an eerie puppet couple, I must say it soon became one of my greatest memories. 


The day entailed laughter, glow sticks and generally a lot of fear. After, standing outside one of their various scare mazes, my friends finally succeeded in pressuring me into going to one of their most simplest scare zones, scary tales. Despite my love of horror films and games I still am actually rather apprehensive about personally experiencing anything of a frightful nature and therefore attempted to pass this one off, which unfortunately I was not allowed to. Yet after a five minute queue line, we finally headed in. 

Squeezing the hand of my fellow puppet, I  bravely ventured into Hansel and Gretal's section, which I welcomed with a squeal. Hurrying my way through the various childhood tales I was always comforted by, I continued to greet the creepy characters with squeals, which looking back at was quite embarrassing.

After my frightful encounter with these tainted characters of my childhood we then ventured off to grab a bite to eat. However, beginning to worry about any further meetings with others of the Halloween nature, we stopped to  accessorise our outfits with a variety of colourful glow sticks. This way we hoped to scare off any unwanted frights and be able to recognise each other. 

After sprucing up our outfits with a dash of colour we made our way to The Fried Chicken Company like a group of small children on a school trip, where our little red riding hood won us a free meal by guessing the right number.

 All in all, the day turned out to be a great time and I have so many more amazing memories of the day I could share with you, whether it be our adventures in sea life or the dramatic experience that the river Rapids provided us with. This truly was a great day and one I do not aim to forget in a while.

Thank you for reading and don't forget to keep smiling because that's all your friends want from you.

Abbie-June x

3 comments:

  1. That picture (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I got to go to alton towers but I live too far away :( was it fun? Well it sounds like it! Scary tales sounds really scary, I wuld probably be as scared as you if not worse hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day! Totally worth it
      - Abbie-June x

      Delete